A member of Peoples Democratic Party in Oyo state, Hon. Oluwakemi Popoola Alabi popularly known as Oloriagba, has declared her intentions to contest for chairmanship position under the platform of People’s Democratic Party (PDP) in Ogbomoso North Local Government.
Alabi, who made this known in a statement made available to newsmen on Sunday, said that she’s keen to contest forthcoming Local Government Elections and Ward Councillors which has been scheduled for April 2024 to serve the good people of ogbomoso North and using different approaches.
While noting that it’s imperative not to mortgage the future of Ogbomoso North Local Government by aspiring leaders who have no solid achievements, she urged voters to judge all those who will be contesting for the Chairmanship position on their individual merits, professional competencies, integrity, and track records in the party and communities, in general, media practice and harmony building, and not on unfounded allegations or vicious propaganda.
The statement read: “(1) Let me, first of all, express my profound gratitude and appreciation to Almighty God for sparing our lives to witness this great day of my official declaration. I wish to express my deepest gratitude to all the Elders, Stakeholders, Executive Members of the People’s DemocraticParty (PDP) Ogbomoso North, families, friends and associates across the length and breadth of the Electoral Local Government, Wards and beyond for the kind support you have hugely given me, despite your busy schedules.
This does not only demonstrate your individual commitments to our Community but also the value you attach to my relationship with you.
(2) Following wide consultations with relevant stakeholders comprising of elders, youths and women constituencies, political groups and forums as well as party structures, I find it extremely important to formally declare my intention to contest for the position Chairman of Ogbomoso North under the platform of the People’sDemocratic Party (PDP) in the forthcoming Local Government Elections and Ward Councillors which as been scheduled for April 2024 by the Special Grace of God.
(3) Thankfully, through the will, grace, and supremacy of God Almighty and the support I received from most of you, I have officially decided to inform you of my personal decision.
(4) I have equally enjoyed satisfactory relationships, with officials of the party leaders and Stakeholders. Also I have a cordial relationship with all of my colleagues that are willing to contest for the same position, whose support I have even sought and I’m confident of securing this Chairmanship bid.
(5) Distinguished ladies and gentlemen, as already indicated, I believe this is not for anything else, rather than the love and good intentions i have to serve the good people of ogbomoso North and using different approaches. That is however the beauty of democracy and respect for diversity.
(6) Over the years, Ogbomoso North like every other LG has registered success stories as well as challenges and Constraints.
With a legacy of commitment to service, I will endeavor to lead my team to do the best we can and to overcome all challenges when you accord me the honour and opportunity to serve you as your Council Chairman.
(7) Ladies and gentlemen, though the electoral list has been released byP INEC, While we await party guidelines, My aspiration certified, and campaigning activities legalized by the Chief Electoral Commissioner, our Campaign Team shall be presenting to you a comprehensive Manifesto, mapping out the path that we shall be treading on in our overriding desire to give Ogbomoso North the kind of positive change it deserves.
(8) We must not mortgage the future of our Local Government by aspiring leaders who have no solid achievements, let me use this opportunity to urge all of you to judge all of us who will be contesting for Chairmanship on our individual merits, our professional competencies, integrity, and track records in the party and communities, in general, media practice and harmony building, and not on unfounded allegations or vicious propaganda.
(9) Once again I seek your support, My Slogan is “Ise Ogbomoso Ajumo Se Wa Ni “( Team Work)
(10) Therefore, let me conclude this declaration by cautioning all of us that we must no longer allow ourselves to become the victims of pettiness, prejudice, and sycophancy as we tread the path to adding value and restoring unity and dignity to our Local Government.
(11) We must also no longer judge our aspirants for discrimination, regionalism, or the weight of their pockets as in the past, but by the value, they attach to our community, their individual capacities, character, motivation, and commitment.”
The People’s Democratic Party (PDP )
Long live OGBOMOSO NORTH Local Government
Long live OYO STATE,
Long live The FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA.
HON. OLUWAKEMI POPOOLA ALABI
CHAIRMANSHIP ASPIRANT OGBOMOSO NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT.