There’s no doubt that we are living in a pluralistic society. The diversities of ethnicity, religious beliefs, philosophy of life, cultural heritage, socio-economic status provoke resistance and create insecurity, deepen intercultural suspicious and threaten the very unity and existence of this nation.
To the Muslim folks,
Islam prohibits insulting whatever other people are worshipping or believe in. This is is contained in Quran chapter 6 verse 108.
Allah says ” And do not insult those that they are worshipping other than Allah, lest they insult Allah in enmity without knowledge. Thus we have made every community to be pleased with their deeds. Then to their Lord is their return, and He will inform them about what they used to do”
Therefore, don’t insult whatever they worship or believe in.
Also, implementation of laws and execution of Islamic laws are vested in the concerned authorities only. It’s their duty to take actions against someone who turned blasphemy, renegade, or committed other crimes, like stealing, drinking of alcohol etc.
Therefore, we cannot execute the laws by ourselves. However, defaming the prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) is a kind of kufr (disbelief). If that’s is done by a Muslim, it’s apostasy on his part, and Concerned authorities have to defend the cause of Allah and His messenger (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) by executing the one who defamed him.
As for Non-Muslims, if the person who defamed him is living under a treaty with Islamic state, then this is a violation of the treaty and must be executed, but that should also be done by the concerned authorities in the Islamic state.
Prophet Muhammad (Peace and blessings of Allah be up on him) said “Whosoever of you sees an evil action, let him change it with his hand; and if he is not able to do so, then with his tongue; and if he is not able to do so, then with his heart — and that is the weakest of faith.”
This is contained in the 40 Hadith of Nawawi, Hadith 34 and Sahih Muslim 49, Book 1, Hadith 84.
To the christians,
It’s also forbidden in your religion to insult God or get involved in blasphemy. If you are to practised your religion as it’s ought to be practised, anyone who’s found guilty of blasphemy is to be killed. No matter his or her relationship with the state.
This is contained in Leviticus 24:16, king James Version
“And he that blasphemeth the name of the Lord, he shall surely be put to death, all the congregation shall certainly stone him: as well as the stranger, as he that is born in the land, when he blasphemeth the name of the Lord, shall be put to death”
In another version of a Bible “anyone who blasphemes(A) the name of the Lord is to be put to death.(B) The entire assembly must stone them. Whether foreigner or native-born, when they blaspheme the Name they are to be put to death.”
Let’s give respect to others even if they’re not alive. Respect is reciprocal.
The solution to this is that:
- Everyone should desist from insulting whatever other people are worshipping or believe in.
- If you are arguing, argue with respect and liniency. Explain your own beliefs, thoughts, opinions without insulting.
- Government should call all the religious bodies in the country and listen to the divine rules regarding the issue. And yield to the advice by the religious bodies.
- If anyone’s deity is being blasphemed, such a person should report it to the right quarters.
- Every religion practisioner should know what other religion practisioners will be angry at. One of which is blasphemy. When you know what your neighbor doesn’t like, why will you deliberately do it to him or her? Shun Blasphemy. There is no single benefit you will gain in it, you are rather creating enmity which will lead to violence and violence will lead to destruction of lives and property which lead later lead to the collapse of the country systematically.
- Let’s embrace peaceful coexistence. Do your religion and don’t use it to discomfort your neighbors.
- Know your neighbors very well so that you can know how to relate with them. This will create more love and less hatred. Islam hates blasphemy. Stop it.