PHOTOS: 100L female student dies tragically in hotel 

Ifeoma Eze Esther, a 100 Level student from the Department of Biochemistry UNN has died tragically after being thrown down from 3 story hotel building. 

The death of a University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) student at Padelia Hotel has ignited a wave of controversy and concern within the university community. Initial reports suggested a cover-up by the hotel management, but recent investigations have shed light on the events surrounding the student’s tragic demise.

The incident, which occurred late last month, involved Ifeoma Eze Esther, a 100 Level student from the Department of Biochemistry, who was reportedly pushed from a building at Padelia Hotel. Earlier social media posts alleged that the hotel’s management attempted to conceal the incident, with claims that the Student Union Government (SUG) was also aware but chose to remain silent

To clarify the situation, Myschoolnews reached out to the SUG Director of Information, who provided a detailed account of what transpired. According to the Director, the SUG was not immediately informed when the incident occurred. However, upon learning about it, they visited the hotel to investigate.

“Ifeoma didn’t die at the hotel but at the University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital (UNTH), where she was rushed immediately after the incident,” the Director stated. He emphasized that the police were involved from the outset and had stationed officers at the hotel to apprehend the culprits, who were subsequently arrested and remain in police custody.

When questioned about the possibility of the student being intentionally pushed, the Director admitted he could not confirm this, as he was not present during the incident. He added that the victim’s roommate had tried to discourage her from accompanying the individuals involved. MySchoolNews gathered that Ifeoma had given a false name, “Gift,” when she checked into the hotel. The hotel manager was also arrested for poor documentation.

The Director refuted claims of a cover-up by the hotel management. “Even the parents of the child were present at UNTH and were aware when the arrests were made,” he noted. According to his account, the hotel’s management acted promptly by rushing the victim to the hospital immediately after the incident.

In a further twist, one of the culprits returned to the hotel early the next morning to retrieve his car, unaware that police officers were monitoring the premises. This led to their apprehension and subsequent detention.

This tragic event has highlighted the need for improved safety measures for students and the importance of transparent communication from all parties involved. The SUG, while acknowledging its limited jurisdiction over incidents occurring outside the university campus, emphasized their role in advocating for student safety and welfare.

The incident involving Ifeoma is the second student death within a week. Okenyi Fabour Oluchukwu, another 100 Level student, was found dead in a drainage system inside UNN. These back-to-back tragedies have raised many questions and increased calls for enhanced protective measures for students.

As investigations continue, the university community remains in mourning, calling for justice and better safety protocols to prevent such incidents in the future.

Discover more from MouthpieceNGR

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading