Kwara state government has announced the ban of commercial transportation, high density gatherings as a precautionary measures against the spread of coronavirus.
Mouthpiece NGR gathered that the government also placed ban on mosques, churches, and markets effective from tomorrow, Thursday, March 26.
This is a measure put in place to prevent the outspread of the coronavirus in the state.
Effect from 6am on Thursday, 26th of March, 2020 the following proactive measures have been announced by the Deputy Governor/Chairman Kwara Technical Committee on #COVIDー19, Mr Kayode Alabi
1. Closure of churches, mosques and all forms of religious gatherings in the state.
2. Ban on all social gatherings without any exclusion in the state.
3. Ban on any form of public transportation including Tricycles, Taxis, Buses, Motorcycles.
4. Only stores selling food products and pharmaceuticals are allowed to open at the market. All food vendors are allowed but must serve in takeaway packs.
5. All Motor packs are to be locked down
The lock down however is starting tomorrow morning but effective from 6am on Friday to afford people stuck up food and for payment of salary.