MOUTHPIECE NGR reports that the students of Osun State College of Technology (OSCOTECH), Esa-Oke have shut down the institution main campus, over an increased in convocation, transcript, and certificate fee among other demands.
Many lecturers were left stranded on Tuesday due to the demonstration, which started outside the campus gate about 6 am and prevented them from entering the building.
In a statement credited to the students union leadership of the university, the general secretary, Aliu Yusuff Ayobami, and the president, Akamo Bankole, called on the Osun State government to stop the increase.
The following are some of the protesting students’ demands:
1.24/7 operations of College Clinic for every student and provision of adequate facilities in the clinic. Revert the increased Convocation, Transcript, and Certificate fee back to their previous amounts respectively.
- Renovation of practical laboratories, and provision of equipment.
- Effective operations of ICT facilities to the benefit of all students.
- Prompt provision of car parks for students’ and lecturers’ cars/bikes.
- Provision of adequate lecture hall for students.
- Tarring of College roads and the illumination of our campus.
However, all efforts to get the reaction of the school management prove abortive as at the time of filing this report.
More details later….