Until I told Buhari about threat to kidnap him, he’s not aware – Gov El-rufai
Governor of Kaduna State, Mallam Nasir El-Rufai, has said President Muhammad Buhari was not aware of bandits’ threat to kidnap him.
MOUTHPIECE NGR had earlier reported that a terrorist group in the North has issued a threat to the Nigerian President.
The terrorist group has threatened to kidnap President Muhammadu Buhari and the Governor of Kaduna State, Mallam Nasir El-Rufai.
Governor El-rufai, while speaking on a radio session, on Wednesday night, said he had received warning to be careful.
“I also heard about a video where they threatened to abduct Buhari and myself. I have been warned to be careful, including my families too,” he said.
The former minister of FCT said for the past five years, he had been an advocate for the bombing of terrorists’ camps wherever they were, reaffirming that it was the only remedy to the problem.
El-rufai said, “This is why I met with the president on Sunday and told him about these problems. I also told him about the video because up to that day, he was not even aware. I told him and the following day, Zamfara State governor, Bello Matawalle also confirmed to him that he saw the video too, so as to take action.”
He said the President has given him an assurance that he met with the service chiefs 3-4 days before the meeting and that he has given them a clear order to have a comprehensive military operation to deal with those people.
He added that “we hope, God willing, the soldiers and the police that were given the directives will hasten up to finish the job. We don’t have to wait until they (terrorists) strike before we respond.
“They (soldiers) must go after them wherever they are to deal with them. The truth is we are worried about the security situation, but we hope the federal government will do the right thing.”