The Executive Chairman of Oluyole Local Government, Hon Settle Olaide, on Thursday laid foundation for unbeatable security architecture for the Oluyole local government.
The commissioning of the newly composed “Oluyole Security Surveillance Team (OSST)” is to compliment the efforts of DSS, Police, Civil Defense, Amotekun and other security agencies.
Mouthpiece NGR gathered that the mandate giving to OSST is to provide:
- Useful intelligence gathering through prompt, verifiable security information.
- Collaborative support to the Police, DSS, Civil Defense all other federal security agencies.
- Patrol all the nooks and crannies of Oluyole local government to keep it secure from internal and external attacks.
- Identify and map out strategies to curtail the excesses of our youths who engage in all forms of social vices such as smoking and consumption of prohibited hard drugs in public places such as cannabis, Indian hemp and all other hard drugs which stimulate their excessive illegal and harmful actions to the public e.g. rape.
- Provide other useful supports towards physical, personal, document, food and environmental security.
In order to assist the OSST to deliver on the above mandates, the Settle Olaide led PDP administration is not just recruiting personnel to beef up security in the ten wards that makes up the local council but also supporting them with working tools such as:
a. Twelve new Bajaj model motorcycles for patrolling and surveillance. The Hon Olaide Settle led government has also entered into an MOU with petrol filling stations for the purpose of fuelling the motorcycles for efficient service delivery.
b. Walkie talkies of 12 Kilometers range for information and intelligence gathering.
d. Uniforms for 72 personnel of OSST
e. Sniffer Dogs
f. Refurbishment of patrol vehicles for Police Divisions in Oluyole LG.
g. Steel cabinets and stationeries for DSS, NSCDC and Police Divisions in Oluyole LG.
h. Other various security gadgets were also provided.
Those present at the launching and commissioning of Oluyole Security Surveillance Team (OSST) included the immediate past Chief of Staff to Governor Seyi Makinde, Chief Bisi Ilaka, Deputy Chief of Staff to the Governor, Hon Olawale Mogbonjubola Jagaban, Vice Chairman Oluyole LG, Hon Tunde Ayoade, Special Assistant to the Governor, Hon Olumide Akinlade and Special Adviser to the Governor on Security, COMPOL Owoseni.
Others were Executive Assistant to Governor on Security, Mr Odukoya, Head of Local Government Administration, Alhaja Afusat Abass, PDP Leader in Oluyole LG, Prince Lasun Salami, Oyo State Publicity Secretary, Engr Akeem Olatunji, Oluyole PDP Chairman, Alh Adegbola Mukaila, Deputy Leader of Oluyole legislative arms, Hon Oladejo Paul Olawale, and other leaders and councilors.