- Today on the occasion of the birthday of the Aare Musulumi of Yorubaland, Edo and Delta States, Alhaji Daud Makanjuola Akinola, I join millions of his well-wishers to felicitate him on this joyous and momentous day.
- The Aare, fondly called De-Damak, is a worthy leader, philanthropist and humane personality, whose love for the people is unrivalled, and devotion to worthy causes, unequalled. Celebrating such precious gift, whose contributions to humanity are indelible, is therefore, not out of place.
- Interestingly, one can recollect vividly, the contributions of Aare Akinola, not only to the growth of Islam, but also that of the entire Yorubaland, especially through his philanthropic gestures and peacebuilding efforts, one can only urge him to continue on that path of righteousness, which will surely continue to earn him the favour of Allah, and the admiration of men.
- Alhaji Akinola, one who dedicates himself to the upliftment of his fellow men, and who, like his predecessors, Alhaji AbdulAzeez Arisekola Alao, and Chief MKO Abiola, has continued to leave landmark footprints in the sands of time, deserves all adulations, not only today on the occasion of his birth anniversary, but at all times. This, men and women of goodwill, myself inclusive, will continue to do, to serve as a lesson to all, that indeed, our living legends deserve to be celebrated in their lifetime.
- Furthermore, Alhaji Akinola’s giant strides, to me, don’t come as a surprise. Truth is, he has been fulfilling, to the letter, the mandate of the Sultan of Sokoto, who also doubles as the President-General, Nigeria Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs (NSCIA), Alhaji Sa’ad Abubakar, who had urged him, at his turbaning in December 2015, to see his new position as an “opportunity to lift Islam to greater heights”. Our joy, therefore, is that with eminent personalities like Aare Akinola in the helms of our nation’s spiritual leadership, the journey to sociopolitical redemption is a guaranteed success.
- On behalf of my family, immediate and extended, my party, the African Democratic Congress (ADC), loyalists and supporters throughout the length and breadth of Oyo State, I heartily wish Alhaji Daud Makanjuola Akinola (De-Damak), happy birthday, and pray Almighty Allah to grant him long life in good health and continuing wealth, so he will continue to be a blessing to humanity like he presently is.
Friday, May 07, 2021