RE: Makinde ‘Angry’ With Top Minstry Officials— Ladoja Reacts
“There was never a time that Ladoja condemned the Motor Park Projects proposed by the Oyo State Governor Neither did he (Ladoja) discussed with anybody about the cost.”
Former Governor of Oyo state, Senator Rashidi Ladoja has denied claims that he was not in support of Motor park project.
The former governor in a chat with MOUTHPIECENGR.COM on Friday morning also debunked that he had told Makinde what importance motor-park projects would serve the state nor saying the amount was too much as rumored.
The internet went into a frenzy on Thursday after it was rumored that Governor Makinde is ‘angry’ with top ministry officials linking Ladoja into the controversy.
Mouthpiece NGR learnt one online news medium had reported that all directors and deputy directors in Oyo State ministry of works and transport have been redeployed by Oyo State Governor, Engr Seyi Makinde, to ministry of agriculture and natural resources over their refusal to jerk up contracts’ estimations as alleged.
It also reported that “Their offense was that they allegedly pruned down a project allegedly proposed by Governor Seyi Makinde for N5 billion each to N420 million.
“Makinde had proposed the construction of three motor parks within the state capital allegedly at the cost of N5 billion per one. He was said to have sent the proposal to the directors for vetting and recommendations.”
To the governor’s surprise, “the N5b had been reduced to N420 million each. He was furious then. It was not until last Friday that they got to know the implication of what they have done. They were all told to resume at the ministry of agriculture and natural resources,”, the online news medium added.
Responding to the news, Senator Rashidi Ladoja described the story linking him to the said claims as untrue.
He said, “Where did writer of article the oyoinsight.com got the Ladoja’s comment.
Therefore, Ladoja should not be brought in to the controversy.
Senator Rashidi Ladoja also added that there was never a time that he condemned the Motor Park Projects proposed by the Oyo State Governor Neither did he (Ladoja) discussed with anybody about the cost.”
Stay with Mouthpiece NGR, your No 1 community news site…..