A mixed reactions has continued to trail following reports of Governor Makinde’s aide, Taiye Adebisi Currency, who returned from Uk without been isolated.
The Fuji musician, few hours after returning from UK was conspicuously seen on stage performing at the PDP Southwest unification rally held in Ibadan, the state capital.
The event had in attendance many PDP Bigwigs including defectors from APC, ADC, ZLP across the six states in Southwest at the Mapo Hall.
Unlike Taye Currency, who is Governor Seyi Makinde’s special adviser on culture and tourism, one of the daughter of President Muhammadu Buhari, who recently returned from the United Kingdom, was put in self isolation.
Aisha Buhari through her personal handle, @aishambuhari, said she acted based on the advice of the Minister of Health and the Presidential Task Force on Covid -19.
She wrote, “Good afternoon Nigerians, earlier today (Thursday) my daughter returned from the UK being among the high-burden listed countries of COVID-19.
“Based on the advice of the Hon. Minister Of Health, Presidential Task Force on COVID-19 and that of NCDC, she is on self-isolation, not because she displayed any symptoms of the COVID-19.
“Please, I urge all parents to do the same, if possible, as prevention is better than cure.”
Rather than to be isolated for 14days, Mouthpiece NGR learnt the Fuji musician was quoted saying that “he was tested before leaving UK.
Meanwhile Oyo government had on Thursday stated that there is no case of Coronavirus in Oyo state and the general public should remain calm as result of test from blood sample of the UK returnee in Ibadan is still undergoing necessary test and unconfirmed.
Speaking at a press briefing on Thursday at the governor’s office, the state commissioner for health, Dr Bashir Bello said that all individuals arriving Oyo state and other parts of Nigeria from countries with COVID-19 outbreak should notify the ministry of health immediately upon arrival in order to undergo supervised self isolation for at least 14 (fourteen) days before moving around.
Dr Bello added that such individual should promptly report any symptoms observed during self isolation to Oyo state ministry of health stressing that the practice of self isolation for at least 14days could not be overemphasized as it is presently one of the most effective approach to curbing spread of the virus.
Below are reactions from Nigerians:
- Why Governor Makinde not taking proactive measures ?
- Some states have banned and suspended high density gathering or that can attract up to 50 people, our governor in Oyo state is yet to take any action rather than saying coronavirus is in APC
- Why Oyo government didn’t isolate his special adviser ?
- No record of coronavirus in Oyo state yet, why will the governor ban gatherings?
- Is it until there’s record of coronavirus Oyo Governor will speak ?
- Taiye currency case should be treated like other Uk returnee
- Buhari’s daughter is isolated, why not Taiye currency?
- I personally don’t like the silence of the Oyo State Government, even when it was stated and affirmed by the Ekiti State Government that the victim was in Ibadan for 2 weeks, and that they’d duly informed the Oyo State Government
- Makinde remain onlooker as UI suspends Jumm’ah service, other events
- We don’t have to wait till situations get out of control
- And PDP still held a convention yesterday, as if they didn’t hear of what’s going on in the world…and the dangers of social congregations in these trying times
Stay with Mouthpiece NGR for more updates